Cyber Essentials Recertification
We are proud to announce that we have received Cyber Essentials recertification – demonstrating to all our clients that we take security seriously.
Cyber Essentials is a government backed scheme that aims to help organisations implement basic levels of protection to mitigate risks from common internet-based threats.
Cyber Essentials concentrates on five key areas:
- Securing connectivity to the internet through appropriate management of boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- The secure configuration of software and devices used within the business
- Strong access control to data and services
- Suitable processes and mechanisms for protecting against viruses and other malware
- Effective patch management to ensure devices and software are up to date
When you analyse the anatomy of most successful cyber attacks, nearly all of them have one thing in common. Some user, somewhere, did something that could have been avoided. In fact, research shows that human error is involved in 90% of all security breaches. At Temple Heelis all of our staff undergo security awareness training.
IT security is only going to become more important for a business. Attacks are increasing in number and in sophistication. When it comes to cyber security a business is never alone. There is help out there and Cyber Essentials is one option that can benefit your business.
For further information please see www.cyberstreetwise.com\cyberessentials
Follow Col Shaw