We care about your property
Whether you are selling or buying a property we aim to be your trusted advisors, conveyancing solicitors who provide you with the comfort that your transaction is in skilled hands. Your property is likely to be your most valuable asset and it is our role to ensure that your asset is protected.
- We believe in a personal approach and welcome face to face meetings at our offices in Kendal, Windermere and Ambleside
- We will also keep you informed of progress via email and over the phone
- Work is carried out by specialist conveyancing solicitors and licensed conveyancers to make sure no stone is left unturned
- We will guide you through every step of the conveyancing process and do our utmost to achieve your preferred timescale for completion
- Click here to obtain an instant conveyancing quote for your sale, purchase or remortgage
For a no obligation consultation or quotation please contact Peter Dodd, Claire Meehan, Elizabeth Priestley or Kerry Webster or click here for an instant online conveyancing quote
A summary of the conveyancing process
- Draw up the contract of sale and send a contract pack to the buyer’s conveyancer including title documents, property information forms and other supporting documents to ensure that delays are minimised, e.g. planning consents, building regulations approvals.
- Deal with enquiries raised by the buyer’s conveyancer and obtain redemption statements for any mortgages on your property in order to be able to move to exchange of contracts in a timely manner.
- Exchange contracts with the buyer’s conveyancer giving you the security of a binding sale for a fixed completion date, enabling you to organise your move.
- Manage completion day, ensuring that purchase monies received are dealt with quickly, any mortgages redeemed and the proceeds of sale either sent to you or used on your ongoing purchase.
- On receipt of the contract pack from the seller’s conveyancer, submit searches on your behalf to check that there are no adverse planning restrictions and whether the property is connected to mains water and sewers.
- Send you a preliminary report containing information on the contract of sale and copies of the property information and fittings and contents forms provided by the seller.
- Examine the title to ensure that all necessary rights are in place and that there are no restrictive covenants that will affect your intended use of the property or title defects that could reduce the value of your investment.
- Raise enquiries with the seller’s conveyancer to deal with any discrepancies we have found in the information provided by the seller, in the searches or in the title documents.
- Report to you on your mortgage offer (if any), advising you on any special conditions that you must satisfy.
- When replies to enquiries have been received, provide you with a final report on the legal title and other matters arising out of our enquiries that you need to consider before making an informed decision on proceeding to exchange of contracts.
- Exchange contracts to give you the security of a binding purchase for a fixed completion date and to enable you to organise your move.
- Deal with the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (if any) and registration of the property.
For a no obligation consultation or quotation please contact Peter Dodd, Elizabeth Priestley or Kerry Webster or click here for an instant online conveyancing quote